Facts & Figures- 9.7 million km2 area
- More than 318 million residents represent about 42% of the world consumer goods market
- 50 federal states with individual laws, rules and regulations
- GDP: US$ 16.8 trillion (24% of gross world product)
- 6 time zones
- Economic region: NAFTA (USA, Canada, Mexico)
- Languages: English (82.1%); Spanish (10.7%); Indo-European (3.8%); Asian (2.7%)
Did you already know?- The US registers more patent applications by far than any other country in the world.
- Of 227,000 patents issued by the US Patent Office in 2012, 52% went to foreign nationals, of which 11% were in Germany.
- In 2012, 34% of global research and development was done in the US.
- The top 6 most valuable brands in the world come from the US.
- About 500,000 new business startups are registered every month in the US.
- 11.5% of Americans are entrepreneurs; there are about 28 million small businesses, which employ 50% of the working population.